Instagram

Thursday, December 8, 2011

CH51: Baking in an oven


I've been practicing yoga for about 5 months now. Although, I don't attend the class as regularly as I used to before I started swimming.

My issue with regards to my tight hamstrings - well, they're still tight.

But flexibility wise, I should say there is definitely a stark improvement. Well, aside from losing weight and helping with the so-called "meditation" aspect. I think yoga helped instill discipline in me to avoid eating the unhealthy. Well, at least partly moderate it.

When I started around June-July, I remember waking up every day for a week straight craving for Yong Tau Foo. I only wanted to eat greens. And I sometimes just only eat an apple for dinner. Hahaha, I spent two weeks waking up with a grumbling stomach and tasting acid. Thankfully, I didnt get any ulcer like what my mom always fear would happen if I don't eat properly.

Hahaha, being the youngest, well, I'm spoiled. Which is why, in a way, moving to Singapore was also healthy for me. I can't remember when was the last time I shouted profanities stuck in traffic. Or going on a road-rage when somebody cuts me and drives slower in front of me. I would typically overtake them and shout out load in the car "Eat dirt bitch!" Hahaha, I'm such an offensive driver.

Haay, that reminds me of how much I miss driving.

Anyway, getting back to the story.

Since I got free Bikram sessions from my membership in True Yoga, I decided to start using them. The rule is of course, once you're in the room, you can't leave until the class finishes.

I like the feeling of sweating while working out. There's no other opportunity for me to sweat. So it's a leisure for me.

So earlier in class, some noobs who apparently did not listen to the instructor's instruction about needing to stay in the room, after the 21st pose out of the 26th, decides to pack up and leave.

The instructor then tells them that rules are rules and if you leave now, then you destroy the discipline you should be starting about committing and following through. One girl tells the instructor that she badly needs to pee, but then the instructor is quite firm on the rules, so with everyone staring at them, they decided to just sit it out.

So when they did, I started observing them. Fucking liars. They did the remaining poses.

Bikram. If you can't take the heat, just sit there and wait.

Another nonsensical post to relieve the stress of completing my activities in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment